Closed Class Requests
We respond to your inquiries in the order they were received. Thank you for your patience.
Please note the following conditions regarding a request to the Management Department for admission into a Management course that is already full.
This request is for Management (MGT) courses ONLY. For other business classes, please contact the respective department.
RRC and AVRY on your student schedule, or registration page, indicates that the section meets at the Round Rock Campus. Please only register for this section if you are willing to travel to Round Rock for a night class each week.
*Does not apply for summer online classes*
- You may submit your closed class request via the Web only.
- Faculty members in the Department of Management do not make decisions regarding closed classes.
- We do not grant overrides due to conflicts with employment schedules, internship schedules, or extra-curricular activities.
- If there are seats left in other sections, please find another option to rearrange your schedule as we will not grant overrides into closed sections when others are available for registration.
- Please use your Texas State email account when making Closed Class requests.
Due to classroom size constraints and other COVID constraints, some management courses are restricted to graduating seniors ONLY, once the course closes. However, some courses are ONLY restricted to graduating seniors. Please check the schedule of classes often as other students may be dropping courses and a seat may become available.